Story: Loved Best
Comprehension Skill: plot and story structure. The plot is what happens in the story. (problem, important events, solution). The plot presents a problem and tells how the characters solve it. Story structure includes the characters, setting and the plot.
Research/Study Skill: Review alphabetical order Vocabulary:
1.swooned – If you had a terrible shock or surprise that made you faint or fall,
you might have swooned.
2. astonished – When you are amazed and surprised by something, you are
3. envious – If you feel envious, you want something that someone else has.
4. rivalry – People who have rivalry are competing against one another for
5. encouraging – An encouraging word from a friend make you feel that you can do
6. brief – If something is brief, it does not take much time.
7. chuckling – If you are chuckling, you are laughing quietly to yourself.
8. soothing – Something that is soothing makes you feel calm.
9. sobbed – Someone who sobbed cried very hard.
10. praised – If you praised someone, you told that person that he or she did
Spelling words Unit #5