We believe that all school age children should be provided a safe and secure environment with quality, well-supervised enrichment programs that coordinate with and complement the student’s regular school experiences and progress through the utilization of extended learning centers.
ENROLLMENT AND REGISTRATION
• The ELC does not discriminate in its enrollment policy on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, handicap or national origin.
• Children in grades pre-k through 5th at the elementary school level are eligible.
• Children may only attend the ELC program at the site where the child attends school.
• Registration forms are available from the site coordinator or at the school's office and must be completed for each child entering the program.
Parents may utilize the program on a weekly basis. Before school hours are from 7:00 a.m.
until the school day begins, and after school hours are from the time school ends until 6:00 p.m.
To meet the physical, intellectual, social, emotional and recreational needs of children, the
• offer activities that will promote self esteem, confidence, and responsibility.
• encourage children in creativity and develop decision-making skills by permitting freedom of choice within set limits.
• provide children a secure environment staffed by warm, friendly caregivers.
• provide recreational, social, and academically oriented activities.
• offer a nutritional daily snack.
• provide homework assistance and tutoring.
All persons working in the ELC program must meet all specified requirements for employment by the Lake County School Board. Each ELC site has a Site Coordinator who must have completed an approved course of study in the child-care field. All ELC staff are School Board employees under the supervision of the school principal and Director of Career, Adult & Community Education. The Director of Career, Adult & Community Education (or a designee) in conjunction
with the school principal will hire and evaluate all ELC staff.
• The Lake County School Board cannot extend credit; therefore, fees must be paid in advance.
• All fees are due on Friday prior to the week of services. All fees paid on Monday will be assessed a $5.00 late fee.
• Fees paid late three or more times may result in dismissal of the student from the program.
• Make checks or money orders payable to Lake County Schools. Include on the check the child's name and the week that is being paid. Sorry, we cannot accept cash.
• On all school holidays, parents must pre register. If a child is signed up for any of these days and does not attend, the parent’s account will be charged.