Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher with Lake County Schools. Substitute Teachers provide a valuable service to our students and schools. They are as-needed employees. Substitute Teachers may decide when and where they would like to work. This works well for people who are pursuing a degree in education, parents with children in school, retirees or anyone looking for flexible employment.
Please complete an application for Substitute Teacher on our Employment site on the home page. After the application is completed the application will be screened. Upon approval of the application an e-mail will be generated and sent to the applicant with further instructions. Please Note! The application must be completed with 2 references with emails before the process to begin.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Reliable Transportation
· Must work at least 3 days a month
· Be Physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Substitute Teacher
· Ensure adequate supervision of students and the classroom environment to assure the health, welfare and safety of all students
· Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and school property
· May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunch room, bus duty, schoolyard, or any other duty assigned to the regular teacher)
*All applicants must have an e-mail account or have access to an e-mail account*
Pay Rate for Substitute Teachers
High School Diploma or GED $65.00 per day
AA Degree or 60 College Credits $75.00 per day
BA Degree or Higher $85.00 per day
Current Florida Certified Teacher $95.00 per day