Superintendent's Reading Challenge
The Superintendent of Lake County Schools has challenged our students to read 12 books at their appropriate reading level by May 3, 2013. Please read the information carefully.
- Click on the link to print the Reading Log Form.
- Middle school students are required to read at least 12 books from August 2012 until May 3, 2013 in order to receive a certificate.
- Books should be "at" or "above" their reading level. Students can check with their Reading or Language Arts teacher to determine the appropriate reading level.
- Students in middle school are "reading to learn." The recommendation of books read for the challenge is:
- 1/3 of the books (4) should be fiction.
- 1/3 of the books (4) should be non-fiction.
- 1/3 of the books (4) can be the student's choice.
- Students who complete the challenge will be entered into a drawing to receive prizes.
- All students who complete the challenge will receive a certificate.
- Students turn in completed reading log forms to the Advisory teacher no later than May 3, 2013. A parent/guardian signature is required.