Providing a safe and secure environment for our students to learn is a top priority of the Lake County Schools. Measures have been taken to ensure our staff and students are prepared in the event a crisis situation occurs in one of our schools. A comprehensive Crisis Management Plan has been created to guide our staff through a wide variety of situations. Fire drills, tornado drills, and lockdowns are practiced at each site to ensure that routines and safety procedures are well established and familiar to all. [SBP: 8.22]
Parents – Please cooperate with school and district authorities during a lockdown crisis:
- • Please Cooperate with school and/or district directives.
- • Please Consult local media for regular updates about the incident. Listen for information updates on local radio and television stations. You may be directed to an off-campus parent staging area for the latest information regarding a campus crisis.
- • Please DO NOT call the school because phone lines will be needed for emergency communication; however, please consult the local media.
- • Please DO NOT call your child’s cell phone in order for cell towers to be clear for emergency use; however, please consult the local media.
- • Please DO NOT go to the school if a lockdown situation should occur; however, please consult the local media. Roads are closed, doors are locked and campuses are off-limits to anyone other than authorized personnel.